Wednesday, August 18, 2010



Book Review on "Awakened" by Kennisha Hill

Interview with Kennisha Hill

1. Where did you get the inspiration to write Awakened?

Awakened was originally going to be written about the love story of my husband and I. The original title was going to be Endless Letter. I thought our story was so unique I wanted to get it on paper for our own private bookshelf. However, as I began writing it, I saw the Lord had a different plan for this book. It completely changed into a beautiful fiction story.

2. Did you pull from your personality for Tamara, the main character in Awakened?

There are some similarities there (laughing). As her character was being developed, I intentionally made her a little bit more intense than I am. My reaction to some of the circumstances she went through would probably have been a little different. She’s a tough cookie in there.

3. Awakened isn’t just a typical story that talks about finding love. There is a lot of very important biblical principles inside. Was this the intent of the book?


Yes! I place Awakened in the category of Fiction with Purpose. The purpose behind the book is to encourage single women who may feel hopeless because of their age and/or past relationships. I want them to know that love is not impossible and that if you trust God and wait patiently, he’ll have someone come into their lives...and sometimes, when you least expect it.

4. Have you ever thought that Awakened could become a movie?

(Laughing) That would certainly be amazing because the message would reach a larger audience that way. But yes, I would absolutely love that opportunity if God had it lined up for Awakened.

5. Awakened ends with Tamara making her decision, which is probably one that many won’t expect she’ll make. But, it leaves room for a sequel. Will you write a sequel to Awakened?


Yes. I started working on it already. I’m thrilled to learn what the next book will hold for Tamara, Kameron and Benjamin. What a tangled web we weave!


You can support this author by purchasing your copy of Awakened! Visit her website at http://kennisha-hill.com to order your copy today! Free Shipping and 10% Off the retail price is available now!



Author Bio:
Kennisha is a Christian Author, Speaker, and Entrepreneur. She is the author of Simply Wisdom: Empowerment for Your Purpose and as well as her debut novel Awakened. She is also a freelance writer and the Founder/Editor-in-Chief of Marital Bliss eMagazine, an online resource for married couples. To purchase Awakened, visit Kennisha’s website at http://kennisha-hill.com



My Book Review:
Kennisha Hill portrays a great example through the character Tamara, what can happen when a person chooses success over love. They can wound up being empty and lonely. When there is nothing else, there is always God, there wanting us to come to Him and follow Him and surrender all to Him. When we do that, we understand what love is. We begin to see what is really important and that is God and to focus on the things of God. This book had me on the edge of my seat as I learned  about the outcome of choosing success over love. Also learned the importance of loving my Savior first and getting to know Him myself. This is a great book to read, and I am sure that you will enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pages

Search This Blog